Hello Friends, Followers and Fans!
We understand that many people are concerned about the spreading cases of COVID-19 and how it might affect our day to day lives over the coming months. No one wants to disappoint their child, but we also don’t want them getting sick, and we ALL know how hard it is to keep little fingers our of mouths, eyes and noses. 😉
We thought a little more information about how we will be handling bookings, cancellations and upcoming public events might put everyone’s mind a little more at ease. Please talk to us if you have any questions or concerns about your upcoming celebrations!
If you currently have a party planned with us, know that we are taking the following precautions to keep kids safe at your party.
1. All of our performers are supplied with hand sanitizer to use before and after party visits. We also ask that you allow the performer to use your restroom to wash their hands before leaving your event, as this is the most effective way to prevent the spread of the disease. We will be encouraging all children at upcoming parties to wash hands before and after we have cake!
2. We are sanitizing shared party supplies like markers, glue sticks, speakers and toys between events. We are also packing completely separate party bags on dates when we have back to back bookings, so that items from one party do not travel to another without being cleaned between.
3. We are reducing the amount of hand to hand contact with children at parties. We will still be giving hugs! But we will be doing less hand holding during dancing and games and replacing high fives with waves or blowing kisses.
If you are concerned about illness at your party, consider taking the following precautions:
1. Moving your party location from a public venue to your private home. We will be waving any fees for changing venue for the foreseeable future.
2. Remind guests with flu-like symptoms to stay home! We will happily sign extra autographs to send to children unable to attend.
3. Consider putting away toys that are difficult to sanitize and reducing the number of toys available to guests. Our characters can lead games and activities like hide-and-seek, freeze dance and animal charades that do not require children to touch things or each other!
Should you decide you need to cancel or postpone your event, just let us know ASAP. You can either:
1. Put your payment towards a party visit any time within the next year, so there’s plenty of time to get healthy and celebrate when everyone can safely enjoy the fun. We will do our best to book you the same characters, but of course, rescheduling is subject to availability.
2. Use your payment for a video chat. We know having their party cancelled will be a huge disappointment for your kid, so soften the blow by arranging a video chat with one of the characters booked for your party. we will be offering 10-20 minute video chats during your original party time. We can sing a song, wish the child happy birthday, and talk about life in our magical kingdoms.
If we have to cancel because one of our performers shows symptoms, you will be offered an alternative character (if available) or a rescheduled visit.
Should schools close or if the government suggests a wide-spread quarantine in a particular area, all parties and events will be cancelled or postponed. But let’s cross that bridge if we come to it!
For now, stay safe, stay healthy, wash your hands, and have a magical, beautiful day!
The princesses and heroes at Storybook Adventures!