Frequently Asked Questions
Terms and Condititons
1. How Far in advance do I need to book?
We ask that you book your party 4-6 weeks in advance. In order to have a fully booked event/party it must be paid for in full before the day of the event/party.
2. What Happens if I need to cancel?
We will be happy to reschedule the party as time permits. The party must be scheduled within two weeks.
FOR COVID-19 CANCELLATIONS:
1. You may put your payment towards a party visit any time within the next year, so there’s plenty of time to get healthy and celebrate when everyone can safely enjoy the fun. We will do our best to book you the same characters, but of course, rescheduling is subject to availability.
2. Use your payment for a video chat. We know having their party cancelled will be a huge disappointment for your kid, so soften the blow by arranging a video chat with one of the characters booked for your party. we will be offering 10-20 minute video chats during your original party time. We can sing a song, wish the child happy birthday, and talk about life in our magical kingdoms.
If we have to cancel because one of our performers shows symptoms, you will be offered an alternative character (if available) or a rescheduled visit.
3. How far do you travel and how much is mileage?
We cover: Ankeny, Iowa and close neighboring cities. We do travel outside of central Iowa for large events for an additional fee. Mileage is charged at the federal rate 0.58 cents a mile. Additional charges may apply for travel outside of 10 miles.
4. Where are the parties held?
We come to you! All our parties must be held indoors unless otherwise negotiated before contract agreement. Our costumes and wigs are very expensive and can be easily damaged. You will be held responsible for any damage done to our costumes by your guests/pets. Please save messy activities and food for after your princess leaves. If we are made aware that a party was held outdoors without permission, additional fee's will incur.
5. How many children can we invite?
Due to manageability, our packages accommodate 10 total children per party (including birthday child) Each additional child is $10.
6. What days and hours do you do parties?
Availability depends on the character you are booking as we work on a first come first serve basis. We are can book a party or event any day of the week during day hours.
7. How much do I tip?
Our performers job begins far before they arrive at your party. They research and study the characters, rehearse the songs, recreate character-specific makeup, and more. You're welcome to show your appreciation via gratuity for your actor(s). Although it is appreciated, it is not required! Typically, gratuity ranges from $20 to $100. We ask that you provide tips in an envelope and handed discretely to the handler at the end of the event. This helps to keep the magic alive for the children.
8. Are you Licensed?
Please note that our characters are NOT the licensed, copyrighted or trademarked characters you may be familiar with, but representations of characters from the classic fairy tales. These stories and characters are very old (some by hundreds of years!) and many versions have become public domain. We are NOT affiliated with any company, group or theme park that may own the rights to similar characters or stories and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
9. What can I do?
Please ensure there is a proper amount of space for our princesses to have fun with all of the kids in! There will be dancing and games plus so much more and it really can make all the difference to have enough space to allow all party guests to really get those wiggles out! Most importantly you can have fun! This party may be for your little one but everyone is welcome and encouraged to have fun with us!
In addition, our costumes can create visual blocks for the actor so please ensure that ALL pets are put away for the duration of the party to prevent injury/damages. If costumes are damaged by pets there will be a dry cleaning and repair fee incurred to the party host.
10. Are you still doing in person visits?
We are currently following the CDC regulations and keeping a close ear on the progression of COVID-19. At this time we are not currently offering in person visits from any of our characters. We will, however, be offering virtual services to keep everyone as safe and healthy as we can!